We have not opened the web portal for registering organizations or dispatching rescue missions. You can login to the web map using your PubSafe mobile app credentials and view the map with a variety of data. Your organization can now apply for access to be ready to use features released in Q1 2021. Application approval takes 2 to 4 weeks.
Getting Approved and Listed
In an effort to provide a more reliable, organized, efficient, and legitimate public service assistance platform, PubSafe screens organizations based on the factors listed. PubSafe is intended for established and proven NGOs, faith-based organizations and organized volunteer groups. Impromptu or new organizations may not be accepted until experience and professionalism is demonstrated.
The goal of the PubSafe portal is to provide a service free of monthly fees to organizations for a central help, emergency management and communication platform, for civilian and government organizations. Funding is provided through the use of the PubSafe mobile app which spreads the costs across users globally. By centralizing data collection and help request management, PubSafe is able to avoid funding issues to both NGOs and government agencies. PubSafe is not restricted by political boundaries, local budgets, or politics, nor controlled by government. Individual citizen issues can be reported and responded to without normal the bureaucracy and delays in a major crisis. When citizens and NGOs help each other, emergency services are available to handle the more serious incidents.
PubSafe is not a replacement for 911 but may augment the information available. Always call 911 first in an emergency.
How PubSafe Works
PubSafe consists of two parts, the mobile app, and the web portal. ALL users must have the mobile app. Mobile app credentials are used to log into the web portal. Password resets are handled by the mobile app.
The PubSafe mobile app is used to:
- Collect citizen data related to help, emergency and disaster situations which is shared via a map to expedite help and rescue
- Provide real-time situational awareness to field and command leadership globally
- To communicate and coordinate “unofficial” rescue operations in real-time
- Dispatch missions to citizen Responders
- Provide data to study the response of anonymous citizens and responders for future public safety benefits
The PubSafe app enables data collection and reporting of:
- My Status – users can post their status to the map for other users to see. Family, churches, and communities can instantly see how people are doing without the need to make calls to
hundreds of people.
- Help – Request help that is not an emergency in nature.
- SitReps – Report information on what is happening in your area. SitReps help build situational awareness at the street level as well as the theater level.
- Locations – Share the location and status of permanent and temporary locations. Locations are typically staging areas
- Emergencies – Emergencies are life and death situations such as an active shooter, tornado, tsunami or other serious injury. Emergencies are treated in a unique manner from other request
- Teams – PubSafe teams was designed with an enterprise-class architecture for better performance. Teams enabled organizations can see and share information “internally” and form large
teams across multiple organizations for a particular disaster. Team development started 8/25/2020 and is expected to be completed prior to hurricane season in 2021.
- Active Shooter – The active shooter alert alerts app users in a 5-mile radius
- Volunteer Hours – Log volunteer hours for federal funding
- Team Coordination – Operate as a team during search and rescue, as a family, or a business unit
- Citizen or Responder – Users can change between an everyday citizen or being a responder. Responders are expected to help others. Responders can be independent or part of an organization.
PubSafe Web Portal
The portal provides dispatchers, EOCs and management real-time data to manage and lead a disaster response, provides geo-targeted emergency communication, manage a search party or manage a long-term recovery effort. PubSafe is not a replacement for EOC systems but can augment other data. PubSafe augments existing government data with real-time citizen information to become the primary platform for NGOs, churches and volunteer groups to centrally manage and coordinate response efforts. The portal reflects the data in the mobile app and also provides additional features to facilitate dispatching rescue missions to field personnel.
The portal manages help requests using a queue. Help requests may come in to a specific organization or without association to an organization. Since the true goal of all rescue operations is citizen safety first, help requests remain in the identified organizations queue for a specified period of time. If a help request is not assigned to a Mission Ready Responder, the help request is placed into the general queue where any organization can assign it to a Mission Available Responder. This ensures citizens do not wait for hours or days without help because the reporting organization is overwhelmed. This facilitates working smaller geographic areas for improved efficiency and a significant reduction in emergency response time.
- Registered entity for 6+ months or FEMA, SERT or CERT organization
- Online presence for 6+ months (Facebook and website required)
- Positive social media reviews and comments
- Members with experience in disaster response and dispatching
- Positive feedback and “reputation” in the SAR industry
- At least 10 members
- Management discretion
Registration and Annual Fee – 90 day free trial
There is a $99 application fee and a $99 annual administration fee, net 90. PubSafe is currently waiving the $99 application fee for the first 10 organizations. The annual administration fee will be invoiced on the application anniversary.
$198 is charged to avoid wasting time researching unqualified organizations and to identify organizations annually that are no longer active. You will be invoiced $198 administrative fee when your application is received and before basic screening. If your application is rejected, you will receive a $99 refund to the same email address or credit card once the funds have settled. All fees are non-refundable once an application is approved.
Fees and application requirements are subject to change anytime without notice. Continued use of the PubSafeTM service is contingent upon agreement with the Terms of Service at the time of the first login to the organizational features when ready.